Giving to Texas Agricultural Land Trust
DISCOVER YOUR GIVING OPTIONS
An investment in TALT is an investment in a future with wide open
spaces for our children, grandchildren, and all Texans.
Why the urgency?
- Texas is losing her agricultural land at a faster rate than any other state.
- Every day in Texas, 200 acres of grazing lands, farm land, and wildlife habitat are lost to development and another 800 acres are chopped into smaller and smaller pieces.
Rural land is the source of the clean air and water that sustains our population. No Land, No Water!
Our state relies on healthy rural communities and agricultural enterprises to support our economy.
Return on Investment:
- As of January, 2014, the total market value of lands conserved by TALT easements: $136,079,000
- Total expenses to date, 2007 through 3-31-14: $1,861,845
- Total acreage conserved to date: 226,177
- In terms of acreage under easement, TALT is the largest state-based land trust in Texas, and in the top 15 land trusts in the country
Why support the Texas Agricultural Land Trust?
Of the many values cherished by Texans, land stewardship is particularly strong. And naturally so: Texas has one of the country’s highest percentages of private lands – lands that provide the water we drink, the food we eat, and the clean air we breathe. Moreover, our rural lands connect us to our heritage—to that uniquely Texan legacy of rugged independence, unlimited opportunities, and wide open spaces.
Texas Agricultural Land Trust is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization (tax identification number 26-0161807) under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.